With September done and dusted, so too is our Be Kind for 30 Days in 30 Ways campaign – and what a rollercoaster it was!
We’ve raised just over £630 which we used to carry out 30 acts of kindness, donating to good causes in the community. We met so many wonderful people across Norfolk, found out about what they do and why they do, then gave them a little something back to say thank you.
From helping to tackle hygiene poverty, to supporting animal charities and much more, it was a delight to get to know more about the organisations and the wonderful people behind them.
Here are just a few quotes from some of the lovely people we donated too:
- “Thank you for including Scotty’s Little Soldiers in the Be Kind in 30 Days Campaign. Your generous donation will help us provide much needed support to bereaved Forces children and young people.” Scotty’s founder, Nikki Scott.
- “Wow !! A massive thank you to @lycopywriting for their gift, a lovely surprise when I came home from school today. Very happy to have been chosen for their #bekindfor30daysin30ways campaign.” Lily Lancaster-Burdett
- “At Norwich FoodHub we work to save surplus, edible food from being thrown away in shops and businesses and make sure that it can be provided to those that need it most instead. Over the last year, we saved over 60 tonnes of edible food from the bin by collecting surplus food from local supermarkets and businesses around Norwich. We used that food to help the equivalent of 130,000 meals be provided to people across the city, through our network of nearly 30 partner charities and community groups, who provide vital and valuable support to people in need. We are working to help the equivalent of 150,000 meals reach our partners over the next 12 months, which would mean that we’ll have redistributed the equivalent of over half a million meals since setting up five years ago. The efforts of all our volunteers and generosity of our supporters is invaluable in helping us meet this target and continue to support our partners delivering critical work in and around Norwich.” Jacob
- “Our small charity is dedicated to looking after the beautiful River Waveney for wildlife and for people. We are delighted that you have chosen to support us and your donations will be put to good use protecting and improving the river” Development Manager, Martha Meek
- “A massive thanks to everyone involved in the Be Kind for 30 Days in 30 Ways Campaign. The games donated to Friend in Deed are being passed on to a local care home in Norwich for their elderly residents to enjoy. Once COVID restrictions are allowed, the care home residents will then be able to play the games with their little visitors.” Director, Kelly Lindsay
- “It’s an honour to get this support and campaign coverage from LY Copywriting. Bee population decline is something many of us are painfully all too aware of though many aren’t sure what steps they can take. LY Copywriting’s support will bring our workshop to a new audience and will introduce families in deprived neighbourhoods to new ways to connect with urban wildlife as a strategy for managing mental health. The small steps made possible by LY Copywriting’s support will positively impact bee populations while also strengthening the mental health of local families through nature connection” Dan
- “Our charity provides practical and emotional support for people undergoing breast cancer treatment by giving them a littlelifts box full of specially chosen products which alleviate the side effects of treatment, and we need your help to do this. Every £1 raised will support more people to receive a box before or during their treatment for breast cancer. Our recipients say that a littlelifts box makes a huge difference to their wellbeing – one told us ‘it is not a box of cutlery and tea bags, it is a gesture of compassion and understanding sent without judgement and with no expectation, from fellow members of a club that no one wants to be part of’. We’re inviting you to help us to spread the littlelifts love by supporting us! We’ve achieved so much since 2017 and our ambition keeps growing.” Events & Community Manager, Shopie Houghton-Hood
- “We’re delighted to be part of the Be Kind campaign, thank you to everyone who chose the Night Shelter as one of the causes to benefit from an Act of Kindness this year! The Night Shelter will be opening again in October and it’s thanks to the acts of kindness – from volunteering to donations – from so many people that we’re able to be here for another season. With your help, we look forward to being able to provide a clean, warm and safe place to stay for some of the most vulnerable people in our community: thank you for helping to make this possible!” Administrator, Matthew Reardon
- “It is really exciting for The Hamlet to be involved with a project like the ‘Be Kind for 30 Days in 30 Ways’. There are so many really great charities involved and we are lucky to be part of it. Founded 50 years ago since Margaret and Jack Wymer, the Hamlet has been working to support families and children from Norwich and Norfolk with complex health needs and disabilities ever since. The toys will provide a range of sensory experiences for the very young children who attend sessions like our nurture group , a special group for mothers and their babies who have been in the neonatal unit at the Norfolk and Norwich hospital. The group meets every week for 8 weeks and as well as forming friendships with other parents the group will look at a range of topics including sensory play. The Nurture Group is just one of many activities that we offer. These include day services for young adults up to 29 years of age; pre-school for children with disabilities; short breaks for disabled children 5 – 18 years; Out of Hours club for adults with a disability of any age and Little Bees group for children from birth to 2 years.” Chief Executive Officer, Pauline Morgan
- “As a small charity it’s fantastic to have been chosen alongside other incredible charities working in Norfolk to be part of this campaign. We were excited when we heard we had been chosen! The donations will help us to run our lovely groups and drop-ins that support women in Great Yarmouth each week.” Feather Futures, Jo Critch
- “We are incredibly grateful to LY Copywriting for including Redwings in their wonderful Be Kind in 30 Days campaign. Not only have they sent us a large feed bucket and two headcollars – essential items for the teams caring for our rescued horses and donkeys – but by encouraging more people to find out about Redwings, they’re helping to spread the word about the vital work we do. Thank you LY Copywriting!” Head of Communications & Campaigns, Nicola Knight
- “Minidonks are delighted to be part of the Be KInd in 30 Ways in 30 days initiative. We are a social enterprise where kindness is at the heart of what we do, bringing joy to people in the form of miniature donkeys visiting their homes and bedrooms! We will be using our donation towards our hay feed bill, to keep the donkeys well fed and happy! Thank you!” Sarah McPherson (BA Hons, Dip, CTTLS)
We would like to send out a huge thank you to everyone who donated to our Just Giving giving page and those who followed our journey on social media.
We might be a small business, but even a tiny team can make a big difference to someone’s day and that’s absolutely what we did.