We’re delighted to reveal the 30 causes we’ll be supporting through our campaign.
Here’s a rundown of who they are and how we will be showing our support…
- Angelica’s Rainbow Sanctuary is dedicated to providing opportunities for animals and people in need to bond, providing benefits that are therapeutic, educational and fun.
Donation: Spear and Jackson Advantage Topiary Shears
- Centre 81 is dedicated to working with people with physical, sensory and other disabilities, and helping to develop their abilities, enjoy themselves and become more independent.
Donation: Delicious cakes
- Eating Matters is a Norwich focused rebrand of Norfolk Eating Disorders Association, they are a team of 19 counsellors and therapists, with additional admin, management people and trainee counsellors and volunteers.
Donation: Two books by Hope Virgo (Stand Tall, Little Girl: Facing Up to Anorexia)(Hope Through Recovery: Your Guide to Moving Forward when in Recovery from an Eating)
- Feathers Futures provides a safe, non-judgmental space for women to listen, be heard and understood. They offer group and 1 to 1 counselling, domestic abuse recovery courses, drop-in, sanitary products and a peer support network.
Donation: Coffee, tea bags and biscuits
- Feed (The) were inspired to use food to gain a more meaningful lifestyle and gain sustainable employment in order to find ways to prevent poverty, hunger and homelessness in Norwich. Communities Free from Poverty.
Donation: 1000 tea bags
- Friend in Deed provides intergenerational care home visits that involve babies, children and young adults visiting care homes, dementia cafes, day centres and sheltered housing sites to help reduce loneliness and promote kindness.
Donation: Board Games and cards games for everyone to enjoy
- Get Me Out The 4 Walls aims to give as many people the opportunity to escape their house and meet others to help prevent the onset of parental mental illnesses such as postnatal depression, and helps stabilise mental health.
Donation: Sensory toys
- Grow our own (SLI Norwich) is an organisation that works to improve the quality of life by increased physical fitness, interaction with others and a more relaxed environment for individuals and communities through gardening and environmental projects.
Donation: Collection of seeds to grow in the community garden projects
- GYGYC (Great Yarmouth & Gorleston Young Carers) is a charity which works with young people aged 8-25 who are caring for their parents or another family member. The aim of the project is to support and offer respite, fun and learning opportunities to young people who are caring for their parents or supporting their parents in caring for their siblings who would otherwise miss out on the normal transitional years associated with adolescence.
Donation: Arts and craft materials for their group art sessions
- Hamlet Charity (The) works with babies to young adults (29yrs) giving them the chance to explore choice, communicate, unlock potential and take new opportunities. Offering both trust and a real insight as to how best to create a person-centred plan to support each individual and their family.
Donation: Sensory toys for their collection for babies to use
- Hebron Trust is a safe, nurturing and intensively supportive community environment in which to rehabilitate from drug and alcohol dependency and the life-dominating problems that serious substance misuse can cause.
Donation: Two books (Narcotics Anonymous)(The Narcotics Anonymous Step Working Guides)
- hygiene bank (The) focuses on completing their goal of getting everyone living in the UK access to essential hygiene products. Bringing communities, businesses and thought leaders together to tackle hygiene poverty by giving access to products and being a voice for change.
Donation: Sanitary products
- King’s Lynn Winter Night Shelter is motivated by a common concern for the plight of the homeless in the borough. They aim to provide a safe, warm place overnight for those who would otherwise be sleeping on the streets or in unsafe accommodation. They provide a high quality and compassionate service for people who are likely in need of support for alcohol dependency and mental health issues.
Donation: Toilet cleaner and (unscented) antibacterial spray to help maintain their building
- Lily Lancaster Burdett is a 13-year-old schoolgirl who has spread a bit of kindness within her local community by giving gifts and has now set up a Facebook group – Acts of Kindness – to encourage people to start doing the same.
Donation: A bumper box of chocolates
- littlelifts is dedicated to providing practical and emotional support to women who face chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment for breast cancer, giving them a carefully created littlelifts box at the start of or during their treatment.
Donation: Mastectomy pillow
- Matthew Project (The) is dedicated to supporting vulnerable adults and young people in the East of England focusing on reducing drug and/or alcohol misuse with young people under 18, providing support for both young people and adults in recovery, and improving individuals’ mental wellbeing.
Donation: Acrylic paints to help with their service ‘Next Steps’
- Miniature donkeys for well-being bring gentle and friendly miniature donkeys to community groups, voluntary organisations, dementia groups or special needs groups.
Donation: Hay bales to keep the donkeys happy!
- Norwich Foodhub CIC is run entirely by volunteers helping collect food, fundraise and spread our message to reduce the amount of edible food being wasted in Norwich. They redistribute this surplus food effectively to the local community and help charities tackling food poverty to have the best impact.
Donation: Dried and canned food for them to distribute to those who need it
- Poppies Day Nursery
Is a nursery based in North Walsham whose aim is to provide a safe, secure and warm environment for young children. They are committed to supporting children and promoting their welfare.
Donation: Series of books designed to prepare for the transition to ‘big school’
- Redwings horse sanctuary is the largest horse sanctuary in the UK, they care for rescued horses and promote the care and protection of horses and donkeys.
Donation: 15 Litre Small Shallow Tubtrug and Rhinegold Logo Headcollar fleece trim (x2)
- River Waveney Trust works towards the vision to ensure that the waters, habitats and catchment of the river are healthy for wildlife and people. They achieve this by working collaboratively on a range of projects which will protect, enhance and promote the river and its catchment.
Donation: £25 online donation
- Saviour Bees aims to inspire a community of urban Bee-Saviour citizens, making our cities more bee friendly and biodiverse.
Donation: Bee hotel start kits
- Scotty’s Little Soldiers is a charity dedicated to supporting children & young people who have experienced the death of a parent who served in the British Armed Forces.
Donation: £25 online donation
- Transforming Local Communities is non-profit social enterprise which aims to improve the local community and work alongside local businesses to achieve social impact
Donation: Biscuits and bin bags
Tricky Period is a Period Poverty initiative working to ensure that period products are available to all.
Donation: Bundles of sanitary products to the following libraries involved with the initiative.
- Aylsham Library,
- North Walsham Library,
- Plumstead Road Library,
- Wroxham library
- Millennium Library